Mother nature has given us many gifts in terms of land, animals, plants, and trees. Neem is one of them. There are many uses of Neem which we will read in this article. When we start thinking about the ways of enhancing our health in natural ways than all of us know a few most reliable sources such as Neem, Amla, Aloe vera, Banana, Apple.
Neem Products you may like
- Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Wash
- Beardo Neem Facewash For Men
- UrbanBotanics® Tea Tree, Neem & Basil Face Wash For Women and Men – Paraben Free – SLS Free – SLES Free
- Biotique Neem Purifying Wash, Transparent
- WOW Skin Science Anti Acne Face Wash – Oil Free – No Parabens, Sulphate, Silicones & Color
- Himalaya Men Pimple Clear Neem Face Wash
- Biotique Bio Neem Margosa Anti Dandruff Shampoo & Conditioner
- Himalaya Herbals Neem and Turmeric Soap
Some Facts on Uses of Neem
Neem, a natural herb that comes From the family of MELIACEAE and also knows as Azadirachta Indica and Indian lilac. Neem is mostly found in tropical and semi-tropical regions of the Indian subcontinent and is also found in some parts of southern Iran. Through many years Neem is Known for its pesticidal and insecticidal properties and also be used for health purposes. Neem is also widely used in the manufacturing of hair and dental products. Neem trees have a tendency to nourish themselves in drought-prone areas, that is why this quality of Neem makes it special.
- Many of you might not know that Neem is also used as a vegetable in many parts of the world.
- Tender parts of shoots and flowers of the Neem are eaten as vegetables.
- A soup-like dish called Veppampoo charu (Tamil) also known as Neem flower rasam, is enjoyed In many parts of southern India.
- In Bengal, Neem begun( eggplant) bhaja is prepared and enjoyed across the region. It is being prepared by frying young leaves of Neem in oil with eggplant.
NEEM: A large tropical Asian tree (Azadirachta indica) of the mahogany family having a bitter bark used as a tonic and leaves and seeds that have insecticidal and antiseptic properties and also gives a medicinal aromatic oil.Tweet
5 top Benefits or Uses of Neem
Here I’m gonna tell you the 5 top Benefits or uses of Neem that is being widely exploited across the globe.
MEDICINAL USE OF NEEM
The top first benefit of Neem is that it has medicinal properties. According to SIDDHA and Ayurvedic practitioners Neem has Anthelmintic, Antifungal, Antidiabetic, Antibacterial, Contraceptive, and Sedative properties and is used by them. NEEM Is also used for the treatment of skin diseases like Eczema, Psoriasis, and many more. NEEM has its name on the top list in Ayurveda. Not even Neem leaves and its flowers are used as medicine but its bark has also many miraculous properties and is used by Many ayurvedic practitioners.
USE OF NEEM AS PESTICIDES
Due to properties like Antibacterial and Antifungal Neem is used as an alternative to synthetic pesticides. One of the processes to use it as a pesticide is that Neem seeds are ground into a powder and soaked in water overnight and then this mixture is sprayed on the crop. Neem coated urea is used as an alternative to plain urea fertilizers, this helps to minimize the soil pollution and improve the soil health.
USE OF NEEM AS OIL
Neem oil is being extracted from the seeds and flowers of the Neem by many procedures. Oil extracted through seeds and flowers have many uses and is being used in many fields, health, cosmetics, and well being.
- Neem oil is used for healthy hair.
- Neem oil is used as edible for a healthy liver.
- Neem oil is also used to detoxify the blood
- Neem oil is used to balance blood sugar.
- Neem oil is also used to make ointment and creams for mosquito/insect repellent.
USE OF NEEM IN COSMETICS
- In today’s era Neem is widely used to create cosmetics.
- Cosmetics like face Creams, hand Creams, Night Creams, oils, various face packs are produced using neem leaves and seeds.
USE OF NEEM FOR WELLBEING AND HYGIENE
The most common uses of Neem across many rural regions of countries is as a toothbrush. Twigs of Neem are used as toothbrushes also known as “ datun”. And when split the twig, it is used as a tongue cleaner.
Many dental products are made using neem in Many counties like toothpaste and tooth Powder. Many types of mouthwash are also being manufactured using neem because if it’s antibacterial properties.
There are much more uses of Neem and many various procedures and rituals to use it. One can also check out here what are the health benefits of Amla juice and the Aloe Vera which has healing properties. Benefits of Banana and Apple Cider Vinegar can not be ignored. The use of these in natural way provides great benefits to our health system.
Which one is your favourite use or you use it in some other way please let us know in the comments of how you use Neem .
Connect with us