Dark/Black Lips has become a very common issue. Just like your skin, lips can also suffer from pigmentation. Pigmentation of lips can lead to dark colour of lips or discoloration. There can be various causes including internal and external factors that contribute to lip pigmentation.
Lip pigmentation has emerged as a common problem due to lifestyle choices or due to the harsh weather conditions. Whatever be the reason, dark lips give a dull look to the entire face. We will be unfolding the facts and revealing the best brands available in the market to treat dark lips along with treatments.
How do you get rid of Dark Lips/Lip Pigmentation?
What are the Causes of Lip pigmentation/Dark Lips
- Sun exposure
- Smoking or chewing tobacco.
- Over usage of Applying lipsticks.
- Allergy from toothpaste
- Side effects from some medicine .
- Excessive intake of tea or coffee.
- Photo damage due to sun exposure
- Licking and smacking lips
- Vitamin Deficiency
How do you fix dark pigmented lips?
Lifestyle Changes to prevent Dark Lips/Lip Pigmentation
- Moisturize your lips.
- Less application of lipsticks.
- Avoid smoking
- Use lipsticks that contain Vitamin E.
- Remove lipsticks before going to bed.
- Use a lip balm that contains Spf.
How can I treat lip pigmentation at home?
Home Remedies to lighten the Lip Pigmentation/Dark Lips
Sugar and lemon
Apply the combination of this mixture to your lips and apply for 5 to 7 minutes, rub this mixture smoothly to your lips after that wash it off and apply lip balm with spf. This remedy is not for people with dry lips.
Honey and oats powder
Apply this combination of mixture to your lips and gently rub it for 5-7 minutes. Wash it off and apply lip balm with spf .
Treatments that can help to get rid of Dark Lips/Lip Pigmentation
- Chemical peel
- Laser treatment Q-switched laser
- For pigmented and dry lips Lasers+Hydration boosters
- MARTINI treatment
- Semi-permanent makeup
Molecules that can help in lip lightening
- Retinyl palmitate
So here are the best brands available in the market to treat dark lips along with treatments. Creams that can help from Lip Pigmentation/Dark Lips
1. MELALUMIN LIP Lighter –
It has Leaf extracts, Seed oils, Avocado butter. MELALUMIN LIP Lighter helps to lighten the lip while also keeping the lips supple and smooth.
2. Minimalist 8% L – Ascorbic Acid Lip Treatment Balm with Vitamin E, Radianskin & Glycerine for Pigmented & Dark Lips | For Women & Men –
L-Ascorbic Acid is the natural form of Vitamin C. It helps in treating hyperpigmentation and reduce aging effect on lips by being an effective antioxidant.
3. Fixderma Shadow SPF 50 Lip Shield | Lip Balm SPF 50 with Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Virgin Coconut Oil & Glutathione | Prevents Pigmentation & Sun Damage | PA+++, Sun Protector UVA & UVB – 15gm
This lip balm with SPF helps to lighten pigmentation and minimize the recurrence of discolouration. This lip balm with SPF helps to lighten pigmentation and minimize the recurrence of discolouration. Infused with clinically proven ingredients, Fixderma Lip Shield gives a long-lasting effect.
4. Lipzlite Lip Lightening Cream
Ultimate Lightening Cream For A Lips, Underarms, Groin Areas And Other Sensitive Parts Of The Body.
5. Palsons Nmfe Moisturising Lip Care Spf40+ 10 Gm For Dry And Chapped Lips ( White )
Aloe Vera & Vitamin E protects lips from dryness ,SPF40+ formula protects lips from sun damage Especially suitable for Acne patients undergoing oral isotretinoin therapy,
Also prevents Winter Lip Dryness and it is Moisturiser protection and sun protection both.
6. LipSense Lip Lightening Cream for Lightening & Brightening Dark Lips for Men and Woman –
It is very hydrating and moisturising to your lips.Lightens Lip Pigmentation by Inhibiting lightening melanin production protection and hydration Moisturises plumping.
It Repairs and Maintain Skin and a Superior Anti Oxidant Protection. Exhibits Superior Anti-Oxidant Protection and Keeps Lips Moisturized for Longer
7. Namyaa Natural Lip Serum/Balm/Lightener/Moisturizer For Lip Lightening/Brightening/Toning/Moisturizing, 30 g
The active ingredients repair and restore the damaged lips, prevent hyperpigmentation retaining the natural colour and texture of the lips. It nourishes and heals the tender skin of the lips making them luscious and protects them from the harmful environment.
These are some medicated lip lightening cream for dark lips/pigmentation lips.